It is the many behind-the-scenes Woman's Club volunteers who come together to make the Independence Day Parade, the Halloween Parade, the Easter Egg Hunt, and the House Tour fundraiser events memorable for Lake Barcroft families and their friends every year.

Lake Barcroft Events

for ⁠2021-2022

⁠Independence Day Parade, Sunday, July 4

Halloween Parade, Sunday, October 31

Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 16

House Tour Fundraiser, Sunday, May 1

Event updates will be posted below, announced on LakeLink, LB Facebook Page and in the Lake Barcroft Newsletter. Membership-specific information will be posted under Members Only which requires members to login to access.

 Have a Question? Contact Us Here!



Independence Day Parade, Sunday, July 4, 2021, from Beach 5 to Beach 3


⁠On a bright, sunny day, many donned in red, white and blue came to celebrate our nation's historic day! Much appreciation goes to LBWC Community Events Chair Jeannie Meyer who brought the Lake Barcroft Kazoo Band, Bailey's Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department and the Fairfax County Police to lead the parade!

In stars and stripes tradition, many families joined in waving flags provided by Alison Oleson as we walked together with music and celebratory cheers down Waterway Drive to Beach 3. 

We concluded the parade by enjoying tasty cookies and refreshing lemonade together. Many thanks to refreshments organizer Eliana Turina and the many volunteers who brought and/or served cookies and lemonade for all to partake at Beach 3. They were:

Jennifer Beggs, Dottie Bennett, Elizabeth Berry, Merri Brown, Char Buss, Roxanna Douglas, Laura Fox, Joyce Grand, Linda Haake, Judy Hilton, Sue Jewett, Janet Kerley, Debra Lee, Lark Lovering, Peggy Morrison, Anne O'Neil, Adele Neuberg, Mary O'Donnell, Kathy Price, Jan Rasgus, Millie Schreiber, Karin Sebolka, Nomi Taslitt, Carol Tether, Joanne Wagner, Diane Weeks and Cathy Williams.

⁠Photos by George McLennan unless otherwise noted.

Many thanks go to LBWC Community Events Chair Jeannie Meyer and Refreshments Coordinator Eliana Turina for organizing a joyous celebration!

⁠The musical band of the Meyer family and friends

Lake Barcroft Kazoo Band

⁠Volunteers Millie Schreiber, Joyce Grand, Eliana Turina, Marie France Smith, LBWC co-president Kathy Utgoff, Adele Neuberg, and Debra Lee at one of the Beach 3 refreshments tables. Photo by Andrea Fus

LBA President Michael Montfort

Carol Donlan with granddaughters Ellie and Reese and friend Ruth Adelman. 

⁠The Akpati family

⁠Parade walkers on Waterway Drive. Photo by Kathy Utgoff

Jim Sebolka and Sammy Guy


Imaginary House Tour of 2021

**Lake Barcroft Woman's Club Fundraiser for Charity **

Thank you Lake Barcroft community and Woman's Club members! 

The Woman's Club Fundraiser for Charity result is greater than ANY previous Lake Barcroft House Tour fundraising event!  We reached out to you, and asked you to help us help others, and you responded with amazing generosity! A total of $21,255 will be distributed to the six charities.

When we cancelled the 2020 House Tour fundraiser due to the pandemic, we told the charities they would become the beneficiaries of our 2021 House Tour.  Little did we know that plans for a 2021 House Tour would also have to be cancelled.  We decided on an approach that many would call crazy.  We asked the community to “buy” imaginary tickets to an imaginary House Tour with real money!  We also asked neighbors to donate items for the raffle, which led to the successful sale of raffle tickets. You made our crazy ideas work!

The Culmore Clinic, Bailey’s Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department and the Friends of the Woodrow Wilson Library will split 90% of the funds. The Justice High School Scholarship Fund, the Literacy Council of Northern Virginia and the Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund will split the remaining 10% of the funds.

Know that your generous donations will make a positive difference for these charities. Thank you!

⁠-- Charlotte Flounders and Kathy Utgoff, Co-Presidents of the LB Woman’s Club